On Wednesday 19th April the Court will hand-down judgment in Morgan and others v Ministry of Justice (Northern Ireland)  UKSC 14. The Court will determine whether Section 30 of the Counter Terrorism and Sentence Act 2021 is incompatible with Articles 5 and/or 7 of the European Convention on Human Rights. If so, what (if any) remedy is appropriate. The hand-down will take place at 9:45 am in Courtroom 1.
On Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th April the Court will hear the case of Secretary of State for Transport v Curzon Park Ltd and otherson appeal from  EWCA Civ 651. The Court will consider whether the Court of Appeal err in finding that when determining the development for which planning permission could reasonably have been expected to be granted in relation land, the decision maker is not entitled to take into account applications or decisions relating to other lands arising from the compulsory acquisition of land for the same underlying scheme. The hearing will begin at 10:30am in Courtroom 1.
The following Supreme Court judgments remain outstanding: (As of 07/04/23)
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust v Flowers and Ors, heard 22 June 2021
- Canada Square Operations Ltd v Potter, heard 14th June 2022
- Unger and another (in substitution for Hasan) v Ul-Hasan (deceased) and anotherheard 20th October 2022
- Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland and another v Agnew and others (Northern Ireland), heard 14th-15th December 2022
- Smith and another v Royal Bank of Scotland, heard 12th January 2023
- Republic of Mozambique (acting through its Attorney General) v Privinvest Shipbuilding SAL (Holding) and othersheard 24-25th January 2023
- Trustees of the Barry Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses v BXBheard 13th February 2023
- R (PACCAR Inc and others) v Competition Appeal Tribunal and othersheard 16th February 2023.
- Lifestyle Equities CV and another v Ahmed and anotherheard 20th February 2023
- JTI POLSKA Sp. Zoo and others v Jakubowski and othersheard 28th February 2023
- Thaler v Comptroller-General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, heard 2nd March 2023
- The Manchester Ship Canal Company Ltd v United Utilites Water Ltd No 2heard 6th March 2023
- London Borough of Merton Council v Nuffield Health Ltdheard 7th March 2023
- R (on the application of Palmer) v Northern Derbyshire Magistrates Court and anotherheard 8th March 2023
- R (on the application of Toraane and another) v Secretary of State for the Home Departmentheard 9th March 2023
- R (on the application of Officer W80) v Director General of the Independent Office for Police Conduct and others, heard 13th March 2023
- Jalla and another v Shell International Trading and Shipping Company and another, heard 27th March 2023
- Secretary of State for Transport v Curzon Park Ltd and others, heard 19th April 2023